You might have seen that we released a software update for your board and battery a few weeks ago. The main purpose of today’s NEW update is to make your battery pack safer! No matter which version of the battery pack you have, WE NEED YOU TO DOWNLOAD THIS NEW UPDATE (Version 3.0).
1. Download and update the software
(available for both Apple and Android products. If you previously downloaded the app, please revisit the app store to refresh with the latest software (your version of the app should read “Ver. 3.0”).
2. Review our software update video.
3. Reset your battery
(see troubleshooting section below for more info).
4. Review battery safety video.
Troubleshooting Tip #1:
A battery is fully charged on an existing software, gets updated to 0.9.40, and shows two yellow LEDs on the battery, indicating an error. This means the battery voltage is elevated from the previous charge and needs to come down by a slight amount.
Shut down the board and allow the battery to automatically reset to its green LEDs. Allow it to sit for up to six hours before use. Or, when starting up the board, run the motor slightly to help reduce the pack voltage.
Troubleshooting Tip #2:
A battery is being updated for the first time and upon starting up the eFoil, you see an “over current” icon on the hand controller.
Shut down the board and perform a quick battery reset by holding down the power button for about 7 seconds with the battery connected via the data connector.
Review our battery reset video
Additional battery tips:
- Don’t charge if you don’t have to. Our batteries charge in about 2 hours prior to a ride and an uncharged battery poses less risk than one which is full of energy.
- A battery is most vulnerable when on the charger and multiple hours after it’s been charged. Pick a safe environment for it while charging and do not charge unattended. Keep it away from other flammable items and avoid charging inside small contained areas.
- If you must keep your battery pack in a contained environment such as your home or boat, we recommend storing your battery in a Zarges battery case. We use these in our shop as an added safety precaution.
- Don’t overlook physical damage, and always ensure that your battery is watertight. If your board or its components fall or break, cease riding immediately. Give us a call and let us help you assess the problem.
- When you use your e-foil a lot in a short period of time, be conscious of the battery temperature and allow it to take a break between charge and discharge cycles so that it can cool down. This will also enhance performance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with us. We’re here for you, and we’re happy to help. eFoils, battery technology, and safe practices for them are new, so we can’t stress how important this is. Let’s work together to build an industry that is both fun and safe.